In the spirit of Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift and Initial D, there is an event that is happening this Saturday for all you automotive enthusiasts.
The country’s largest and most unique touring automotive lifestyle event series, Boost Mobile Hot Import Nights (HIN), will be making a stop at the Dulles Expo Center on Saturday, April 19 from 5 p.m. to midnight. HIN D.C. will mark the fourth stop on HIN Events’ 21-city 2008 tour. More than 10,000 automotive and entertainment enthusiasts of all ages are expected to attend.
Set in a highly stylized “lights-out” nightclub-like environment, HIN is a one-of-a-kind experience featuring dazzling displays of highly customized show cars, gorgeous models, live performances, celebrity appearances, and product displays from title sponsor Boost Mobile and additional sponsors including NOS Energy Drink, GM Tuner Source, Pioneer, Envizio, Bridgestone, and The Army National Guard.
Experience the event proclaimed by Newsweek as the “Lollapalooza for millions of hipster-hobbyists” and rated as a top attraction by Stuff magazine. Highlights include:
- Fleets of spectacularly modified cars making up the largest and most unique team displays the likes of which North Virgina has never seen.
- More than 300 tricked out vehicles totaling over $10 million in value will be shown, ranging from Japanese to Euro and from high-end luxury to wild and exotic, and boasting the latest in aftermarket trends, tech gadgets and tuned performance.
Notable vehicles include:
o Unveiling of the NOS Energy Drink “Infamous” Lexus SC300 at 7 p.m.
o Boost Mobile Nissan RX8 designed by famed automotive stylist RJ de Vera
o The Army National Guard’s “Citizen Soldier” 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe, designed by Sgt. Nick Ashby
o GT Spec Nissan 350Z, super-powered with an LS2 engine
o Import Tuner magazine’s January Cover Car: the 2004 Subaru WRX STi by Aaron Vaccar
o Veilside Full Carbon Fiber Fortune RX-7, by Manny Ramdowe
- Boost Athlete BMX superstar Rick Thorne to host exciting break-dancing performances and emcees battles.
- Bevies of the most alluring models in the industry, including Miss HIN 2007 Amanda Gift, VA natives Miss HIN 2005 and Maxim “Hometown Hottie” Ursula Mayes and 2007 “Search for Naughty NOS Girl” Winner Corrisa Furr, plus the 2008 HIN Calendar Girls.
- Performances by the famed HIN Go Go Girls, plus themed couture swimsuit and lingerie fashion shows.
WHEN: April 19, 2008, 5 p.m. – 12 a.m.
WHERE: Dulles Expo Center (4368 Chantilly Shopping Ctr, Chantilly, VA 20151)
COST: $30 (advanced ticket purchase available online via HINevents.com). All ages.